Diesel mechanics test, refit, maintain and refurbish diesel engine vehicles to ensure that the machinery operates efficiently and safely.
- Perform work up to and including the commissioning, fault finding and repair of plant and equipment and associated electro mechanical devices, hydraulic and pneumatic systems with the aid of complex schematic diagrams.
- Undertake all inspections of diesel vehicles, maintenance tools and equipment.
- Work from schematic drawings, prints, plans and manuals and record any modifications to ensure area technical information is maintained accordingly.
- Repair, maintain, and rebuild diesel engines.
- Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies.