Drillers are responsible for undertaking the drilling process during the production and exploration of a project. Drillers supervise the entire process of erecting the pumps, maintenance and safety inspections, collecting samples and operating the drilling machinery.
- Assembles, positions and operates a drilling rig and related equipment to extract ore, liquids or gases from the earth.
- Move, set up and operate drilling rigs and related equipment to drill holes for mineral exploration.
- Start and stop drills and coordinate utility workers on site.
- Check equipment and progress throughout the operation.
- Record performance details and take drill core samples.