Earthmoving mobile plant operators operate heavy mobile equipment on mine sites to excavate earth, ore and rock, break up rock and obstructions, move and load earth, rock and debris, and level, smooth and compact surfaces in construction and other projects. Some of the equipment mobile plant operators work on include loaders, dozers, excavators and graders.
- Carry out pre-start inspections on machines.
- Operate controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials.
- Load trucks with excavated fill.
- Maintain accurate records and follow safety work procedures.
- Conduct routine heavy plant and equipment maintenance including daily safety checks.