A fixed plant operator functions and maintains mine site machinery as they are very expensive and require daily maintenance for longevity. There are lots of stationary machines that are used in the mining industry and plant operators can be trained in just one or multiple pieces of plant.
- Carry out pre-start inspections on machines.
- Carry out the installation, operations and maintenance of stackers, feeders, conveyers, and other materials handling equipment for mining projects.
- Operate crushers, conveyors, reclaimers and stackers for moving, loading, unloading, storage and stacking of bulk materials.
- Maintain accurate records and follow safety work procedures.
- Conduct routine heavy plant and equipment maintenance including daily safety checks.